Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Choose Engagement

Although there have been a number of days full of great reflection while thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail, after a couple of months I find myself sinking into mental routines just like I have done when I am not hiking....How is it that I have hiked for almost six months, with every step of the trail different from the previous and the next, and still suffer from mental boredom?....

Unfortunatly, I am happy to let the world's external stimuli provide me pleasure and contentment instead of taking a creative thought and meditating on it....

I believe as I walk through life God routinely puts me in situations to reveal ideas for me to ponder....As i take God-inspired thoughts and meditate on them, I will see that God shares with me his purposes in situations. During this lifelong process I will understand God better as he reveals insights on how I can change the world around me.
Harold Howell. THE JOURNEY: ENCOUNTERING GOD ON THE APPALACHIAN TRAIL. Don't Lose Your Mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home