Wednesday, October 26, 2011

It's a mystery - you go out and offer whatever it is you have to give with your whole heart, you meet lovely people along the way, you see some unforgettable places, you think, I'm doing what it is I was put on this earth to do. You arrive home feeling like you've accomplished something... You get all the suitcases and guitars back into the house, and drop onto the couch in a state of exhilarated exhaustion. But then sooner or later ... Everything begins to fade to black and a door swings open and doubts walk in like they own the place. 
We're failures.    This is all a waste of time.     What were we thinking?    Who are we kidding? 
I don't know where the dark clouds in my head come from, but Karin and I have learned not to try to solve the world's problems when we've just returned home. I guess we just need some time for our souls to catch up with our bodies.

1 Comments:

Blogger VRain said...

I love it...you probably feel like Linford is reading your mail? I'm still waiting for my soul to catch up with my body - what a big thought.

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home